Monday, July 11, 2011

Only 81 days to go :(


The suffering continues. Just in case you thought this lark gets easier - it doesn't. I would dearly love to be able to report that despite the suffering, my new-found purity has led me to discover a new lease of life and I now have glowing skin, silky shiny hair and boundless energy. But honestly, I notice very little difference, if any at all. Which, of course, is good news because it means in 81 days time I can return to my usual diet of chocolate, biscuits, chips and pizza. Any of you currently munching on that stuff needn't feel guilty - I've noticed no major health benefits from giving it up and I haven't eaten any junk in the last 14 and a half days!! It's actually a bit longer than that but I'm only counting from the official launch day because mentally I don't think I could cope if I thought it was more. So, I've now survived much longer than I ever did on Lent. I always cheated for Lent. I'd give up treats and by day two that had changed to just chocolate, by day three it was just chocolate biscuits, by day four it was only chocolate hob-nobs and by day five I decided maybe I'd just watch a little less telly during Lent. Maybe that gives you an idea of how momentous this challenge really is for me. Of course, the support from my work colleagues is boundless. Grace emptied her goodies store cupboard at home and brought the goodies in to work for all to share. All except me, that is. Pat Shortt was a guest on the breakfast show last Friday and Mark decided to bring in chocolate chip muffins for his special guest and he left the rest of them in the staff kitchen. They looked so yummy. Coffee just didn't taste the same without one. :( Someone sponsor me a fiver please just to keep my spirits up. Pleeease.

No comments:

Post a Comment