Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sorry Teacher, the dog ate your chocolates!



The dog ate my homework is certainly an over-used excuse, but what about the dog ate your chocolates? Today is my daughter's last day at school before the holidays and she wanted to give her teacher Mr O'Connor a thank-you present. I suggested chocolates but she was a little reluctant. Chocolates are for girl teachers apparently. But I managed to convince her that the Merci chocolates were definitely unisex. So the box was purchased and carefully placed in daughter's bedroom. Just not carefully enough. The ever-intrepid Ollie, our faithful Jack Russell, sniffed them out, tore open the box and was in the process of demolishing them when he was caught out. One very upset daughter. Thankfully, a replacement box was found after trekking half-way across Limerick City and daughter was cheered up. However, I now have a half-eaten box of Merci looking up at me in the hallway. The chocolates are wrapped so there's no danger the dog has licked them. They look yummy. It's just not fair that the dog is getting more chocolate than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment