Monday, June 27, 2011

Launch Day!

So now I've gone completely public with this I suppose there is no going back. Today I launched the challenge on Live 95FM. It's a bit scary now because potentially thousands of people will know if I fail. Hopefully it will mean that there'll be a few more bob for the charities. The link for donating is on the top right-hand corner under the heading. Hint, hint!
Today's suffering started very early when Liam Aherne arrived back from holidays, sun-kissed and smiley, with a box of Toffifees in his hand. If you've never heard of Toffifees they are a hazelnut in caramel sweet with creamy nougat and chocolate. My colleagues inform me they are the nicest chocolate sweets they have ever tasted. They certainly smell pretty good. And the box rattles every time they stick their fists into the box. The sound alone is driving me crazy. I also had to clear an empty Domino pizza box and a half-empty can of coke out of one of the working areas and throw them in the bin. Who doesn't finish a can of coke? It's sacrilege.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this tough challenge for a very worthy cause. I'll be praying for your success with loads of donations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gillian, Best of luck and you can do it. And the 'going public' will actually help. I announced on facebook when I gave up cigarettes and posted on a daily basis at the start and especially at the hard times and with all my gaming friends etc I got incredible support that really helped - and 18 months later I am still nicotine free! So keep us up to date and we'll give you lots of support (cash and all) P xox

    ReplyDelete